The Manager Updater page allows admins to find and correct shops for which the managers associated with the shop do not match the current managers for any subdivision.
Whenever a shop is submitted, a snapshot is taken of the managers who were managing that location at that point in time. This is so that if a manager were to be promoted or move to another location or level, his/her scores would still remain attached to his/her manager account. This way, the System tracks a history of each level of manager for each shop.
However, this history can become invalid if a manager is not changed in the system immediately upon changing position in the real world. There are times when a shop needs to be updated so that the managers for that shop match the current managers for that location. The Manager Updater page allows you to easily find and correct these mismatched shops.
Individual Shop View
When you come to this page off the Shop Review page, you will see a list of all managers associated with this shop that do not match the current manager at each level. The information in the list is as follows:
- Job #: The job identification number.
- Shopped: The date on which the shop was conducted. This can help in determining who the manager was at that time.
- Submitted: The date on which the shop was submitted. This is also the date when the managers were attached to the shop.
- Manager Type: The type of manager you're looking at (one of the five client levels).
- Level Name: The actual name of the level to which the shop belongs.
- Old Manager: The manager that is currently associated with the shop, but no longer associated with the location or level.
- Change To: Checking this box indicates that you would like to update the old manager to the new manager for this shop.
- New Manager: The manager currently associated with the location or level, but not yet associated with the shop.
Choose which manager(s) you would like to update by checking off the 'Change To' boxes. You may use the 'Check All' and 'Uncheck All' to change the values of these boxes in bulk. Once you have made your selections, click 'Save Changes' to update the managers.
You will then see a list of all managers that were updated. To simply exit the Manager Updater and return to the shop you were viewing, click Close.
Search for More Managers
If you would like to search for more mismatched managers, you may do so by clicking the links in the list of managers you see at the bottom of the page. Clicking on each type of link will display the following:
- Job #: This will display all mismatched managers for the chosen shop. If you have just updated all of those managers, the system will not find anything further for you to change.
- Manager Type: This will find all shops where the manager of that type is mismatched. For instance, if you clicked on Location, you would see a list of all shops for which the location manager does not match the current manager for that location.
- Level Name: This will find all shops where the manager for the chosen level is mismatched. For instance, if you knew the manager for District 12 had recently changed, clicking on 12 would show you a list of all shops for which the District 12 manager does not match the current manager for that district.
- Old Manager: This will find all shops where that person is no longer the current manager. For instance, clicking on Smash Pug will show you all shops that are attached to Smash Pug, but for which Smash Pug is no longer the current manager.
- New Manager: This will find all shops where that person is the current manager, but was not when the shop was submitted. For instance, clicking on Puck Pug will show you all shops where Puck Pug was not the manager when the shop was submitted, but is now.
Clicking on any of these links will bring up a list similar to the individual shop list you first saw. You may sort the list as desired and update whichever managers need to be changed. After each update, you may continue to search for more shops that need to be updated, or close the window and return to the shop you were reviewing.