Introducing the new SASSIE API
Yes, you heard right, the rumors are true, SASSIE now has an API!!
What's an API you ask? Here's what our friends at Google have to say:
API stands for Application Programming Interface. In the context of APIs, the word Application refers to any software with a distinct function. The interface can be thought of as a contract of service between two applications. This contract defines how the two communicate with each other using requests and responses.
Simply put, it's a way to for an external computer system to communicate directly with SASSIE.
A few of the many benefits include:
- Get data out of SASSIE (Location, Manager, and Shop exports)
- Saves money!! - no need to requisition custom exports!!
- Put data into SASSIE (Historical data, locations, managers, etc)
- The ability for clients to do it!!
Additional data points are being added every month. Check out the documentation to see what is already available. If we don’t currently offer the data point you need, let us know in a Tracker and we will try to make it available.
Do I need to use the API?
No. The API doesn't do anything that you can't do via the SASSIE user interface. If you are happy working in SASSIE via a web browser, keep on doing what you are doing.
My Client asked if we have an API, what do I do next?
- Tell them "why yes we do!!"
- Open a tracker notice requesting Client API access including the following details: Client name, Client ID, Manager Name, Manager ID (they must be a Client Master).
- Send the credentials generated by the Support team along with the link to the Client documentation (found below) to the client.
- Sit back and relax while your client gets all of the data they want.
Does the API cost anything?
NO! It is free to setup and to use!
Do I need a Computer Science degree to use the API?
No, but it is a bit more technical than RuleZ. If you are a ToolZ wizard you will do just fine with the API.
Does it grind and brew my coffee for me?
No, it doesn't do everything but what it does do, it does really well.
To learn more about our new SASSIE API, check out this tech talk video and the technical documentation. (WARNING: nerd alert. The following content is not approved for all audiences, viewer discretion is advised.....)
Tech Talk Video (Vimeo)